api-msi-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0-dll error while launching Skype
api-msi-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0-dll error while launching Skype. When you try to launch Skype in the computer it gives you the above error. The issue with the api-msi-win-crt-runtime error occurs due to the issue with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages. When the Visual C++ 2015 version is not installed or if the other version including version 2015 got corrupted. The issue can also occur if required Windows Updates are not installed in the computer. This issue occurs mostly in Windows 7 computers.
In order to fix the issue with the api-msi error in the computer follow the below resolution steps one by one.
- Try to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable package. You can download both 32 bit and 64 bit versions from the below link.
2. There are a chances that version 2015 may not get installed in the computer. If it gives error, remove and re install all the versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
3. You can get all the versions of Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable packages from the below link. Download it one by one and install all of them in order.
4. If that is not working, make sure that Windows Updates are installed in the computer and if not, install them. Restart all the required services before going to install Windows Updates.
5. If Service Pack 1 is not installed in the computer, first try to install it manually and then try installing the further updates to fix the issue with the api-msi error.
6. If you are not able to install the Windows Updates automatically or manually, try to perform the Operating System Repair.
By following the above troubleshooting steps, the issue with the api-msi error while launching Skype in the computer can be fixed.