Dell DataSafe Local Backup and Restore
Dell DataSafe Local Backup and Restore is a safe, simple and reliable backup and recovery solution that can protect your system (OS, applications, drivers, settings) and data (music, photos, videos, documents and other important files) from data loss.
Backing up your data with Dell DataSafe Local Backup and Restore can protect against data loss resulting from:
- Virus attack
- OS/Software Corruption
- Accidental file deletion
- Hardware failure
How does it work?
Setting up your premium version is easy:
- Select “what” you want to back up
You have the option to protect your system and/or data.
- Select “where” you want to back up
You can choose to protect your data on your primary hard drive or a directly attached storage device.
- Select “when” to back up
Set up your daily, weekly or monthly backup schedule and we’ll do the rest for automated data protection.
Upgrade to the Premium version today!
Get the Premium version of Dell DataSafe Local Backup and Restore to have the peace of mind that your system and data are protected.
Download the Basic Version of DSL
Install and then upgrade today!!!
Upgrade to the Premium version to gain access to the complete feature set. Be sure to download and install DataSafe before upgrading. You will need “Your ID” key from within DataSafe to complete the upgrade purchase process.
How to restore the Data?
- Once the recovery is done, you will see the “Emergency” folder in the root drive C:
2. Open the “Emergency Folder” and run the “Backup_xx_xx_xxxx.exe” setup file and follow on-screen instructions.
3. Click on Next.
4. Select “Restore all Files” and click on Next.
5. Restore your data by following the on screen instructions.
6. It will start restoring the backup, it may take several minutes. Please be patience.
Once the restore is completed the “libraries and other personal folders” will be restored to their original locations.