MSVCP120.dll error while launching application – Windows 10 / 8 / 7
MSVCP120.dll error while launching Sage 50 application. When you try to launch the Sage Accounting software, you may receive the DLL error “This application has failed to start because MSVCP120.dll was not found.” The MSVCP120.dll error may not be related only to Sage application, same error may appear for different application as well. In this article, we have taken the reference of the Sage application.
The error message may also appear in different ways like:
- Error: “This application has failed to start because MSVCP120.dll was not found”
- Error: “This application has failed to start because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”
- Error: “This application has failed to start because mfc120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”
- Unable to Locate Component
- MSVCP120.dll error
Resolution Steps to fix MSVCP120.dll error:
This issue might occur when Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable (x86) component is missing or if it is corrupted. Follow the below resolution steps to fix the DLL error.
Step 1: Uninstall and re install the application
- Re installing the application may fix the issue with the DLL error.
- Uninstall and re install the Sage Accounting software (if not Sage the application for which the error is occurring).
- Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, verify if the below components are installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable (x86)
If the above components are installed in the computer, reboot the computer once and see if the application is launching fine. If not, proceed with the further steps.
Step 2: Install missing components
Download and install the required redistributable packages in the computer and see if the issue gets fixed. The detailed information regarding the redistributable packages are available in the below link
Once after performing all the above troubleshooting steps, check if the issue with the Sage application or any other application is working fine.