Error 0X80041161 while launching Windows Live Mail – Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 and Win 7
Error 0X80041161 while launching Windows Live Mail. When you try to launch Windows Live Mail, you may receive the error 0X80041161. This error usually occurs when the related services got disabled or not running in the computer.
Follow the below resolution steps in order to fix the issue with the error 0X80041161 in the Windows Live Mail.
Note: Before proceeding with the resolution steps, make sure that computer is booted to the normal mode but not in the safe mode.
Step 1: Enable the related services
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open Run window, type services.msc and press enter to open the Services window.
2. Once the services window is opened, search for the service Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant.
3. Double click on it to open, make sure that the Startup type is set to Start Automatically and the status is started. If it is disabled or stopped, make the respective changes in that. You can refer the following image for the changes.
4. Once it is changed, reboot the computer and see if the Windows Live Mail is opening fine. If not proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 2: Repair Windows Live Mail
Try to repair Windows Live Mail.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open Run window, type appwiz.cpl and press enter to open the list of installed application.
2. In the list of installed program, search for the Windows Live Essentials and select it. Once you select it, you will get an option uninstall/change.
3. Click on it and you can completely repair Windows Live Essentials in it or select only Windows Live Mail and repair it.Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
4. Once the repair is done, reboot the computer and try to launch Windows Live Mail.
If the issue still not fixed, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 3: Create new user account
If the issue is not fixed even after repairing the Windows Live Mail, then the issue might be with the User Profile corrupted. Try to create a new user account and check if it works fine.
If it is working fine in the new user account, move all the files from the old user account to the new one and delete the old user account.