Error 1935 while installing Office 2007, 2010 or 2013
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component while installing Office 2007, 2010 or 2013. The likely cause of this Office 2010 error is a .NET Framework incompatibility. To fix Office 1935 Error you need to install .NET framework in your system or repair .NET installation of the PC.
You may see “Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component” when you install Office 2013, 2010 or 2007 or one of the Office stand-alone products like Excel.
Follow the below resolution steps one by one to fix the issue with the error 1935.
Important: The System Update Readiness tool can only be used on Windows 7 or Windows Vista operating systems. If you have Windows XP, try one of the other methods in this article.
Select and download the System Update Readiness tool for your version of Windows:
- Download for the 32-bit version of Windows 7
- Download for the 64-bit version of Windows 7
- Download for the 32-bit version of Windows Vista
- Download for the 64-bit version of Windows Vista
For more information about the System Update Readiness tool and links to download versions for Windows Server operating systems, read What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
First, check installed programs to see if the latest version of .NET Framework is installed. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start (or Start > Run in Windows XP).
- Type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.
- Look for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile in the list of installed programs.
If you find Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, follow these steps to repair it:
Note: If you can’t find Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, download and install it to update the computer. Follow step 6 to download and install it.
4. Close all applications.
5. Click Start (or Start > Run in Windows XP).
6. Type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.
7. Click Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and click Uninstall/Change (or Change/Remove in Windows XP).
8. Choose the option to Repair .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to its original state, and then click Next.
9. When the repair is complete, click Finish, and then click Restart Now to restart the computer.
Note: The current version of the tool supports repairing the .NET Framework 4.5.1, 4.5, 4 and 3.5 SP1 (includes .NET 3.0 SP2 and .NET 2.0 SP2).
1. You can download .NET Framework repair tool from below link.
Step 3: If you can’t find Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, download and install it to update the computer. You can download the file from below link
Step 4: Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework components:
Try to install Microsoft Office again. If error 1935 continues to occur, follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall .NET Framework from the computer.
Important: The .NET Framework Setup Cleanup Utility provided here should only be used only after you’ve tried the previous options.
To uninstall .NET Framework components from the computer follow these steps:
- Create a temporary folder on your desktop.
- Visit the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool User’s Guide blog and download the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip file.
- When prompted, click Open, and then click Extract Now. Extract the files to the folder you created.
- Find cleanup_tool.exe in the folder you created and double-click it.
- In the “Do you want to run the .NET Framework Setup Cleanup Utility?” message, click Yes.
- Click Yes to accept the license agreement.
- In the Product to cleanup window, choose a .NET Framework version that you want to remove. You can’t remove .NET Framework versions that are part of the Windows operating system. If you have Windows 7, you can’t remove .NET Framework versions 3.5 or lower. If you have Windows Vista, you can’t remove .NET Framework versions 3.0 or lower. If you have Windows XP, you can’t remove .NET Framework versions 2.0 or lower.
- Click Cleanup Now.
- Restart the computer once the .NET Framework component is removed.
- Download and install the following components, one at a time, based on your operating system:
- Restart the computer and run Windows Update to install updates.