Backup and restore files in Windows 10
Backup and restore files in Windows 10. Windows backup and restore feature is useful to take the backup of the important to any external hard drive or any other device and restore it back when needed. It is always good to have the backup of all the important data in any external device. Unfortunately, if somethings happens to the computer and got crashed, all the personal and the important data will be deleted.
In order to avoid such situations, Windows backup and restore feature is useful. You can also set a scheduled backup using this feature, so that the data will be get backup regularly at the time when it has been set.
Follow the below resolution steps to perform the backup and restoring the data in Windows 10 Operating System.
- Connect the external drive to the computer to which you need to initiate the backup.
- Make sure that you have enough space in that, so that the backup may not get interrupted.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open settings window and click on Update & Security.
- At the left side of your screen, click on backup.
5. Next, click on Add a drive and select the external drive that you have connected to the computer.
6. Click on More Options and there you can set the automatic data backup at a particular point of time. You can also customize which files needs to be backed up there.
If you find any difficulty in performing the backup using the above steps or if you are very much familiar with Windows 7 backup procedure you can click on the Looking for an older backup? In the same screen.
Restore backup Data:
To restore the backup files or revert back it to the computer, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo key and search for Restore files.
2. You will get and option Restore your files with File History. Click on that.
3. You will get the list of backup files, select the file that you need to restore and click on Restore.
4. The file will be restored back in your computer.
You can refer the below link for any further information: