Error 0x800704DD – 0x90016 while upgrading to Windows 10
Error 0x800704DD – 0x90016 when you try to upgrade the computer to Windows 10 Operating System from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 using the Media Creation Tool application. You may receive the error message “There was a problem running this tool”, with the error code 0x800704DD – 0x90016.
This issue with the error 0x800704DD – 0x90016 might occur if the computer user account doesn’t have the required Admin privileges.
Resolution Steps to fix Error 0x800704DD – 0x90016:
Follow the below resolution steps in order to fix the issue with the Error 0x800704DD – 0x90016.
- Try to disable the anti-virus application in the computer, and try running the tool.
- Reboot the computer once or twice and check.
- If the user account is a Standard user account, the Media Creation Tool may gives the same error.
- Sign out from the user account and try logging in to the Administrator user account.
- If there is only Standard user account enabled in the computer, you may also not able to create another user account.
- In that case, enable the hidden Administrator user account, boot to the same and initiate the Windows 10 upgrade using the Media Creation Tool.
- In order to enable the hidden Administrator user account, click on Start button type cmd, command prompt will appear, right click on it and select the option, Run as administrator.
8. Click on YES or OK, if prompted.
9. Once the command prompt is opened, type the following command and press enter.
net user administrator /active:yes
10. It will show as the command completed successfully.
11. Close the command prompt, sign out from the present user account and you can able to see Administrator user account while logging into the computer.
12. Sign In to the Administrator user account, it will take some time to configure the user account.
13. Now, run the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 upgradation. It will work fine without any errors.
14. The Media Creation Tool can be downloaded from the below link: