Windows 7 Installation screenshots with step by step procedure
Windows 7 clean installation removes all the data present in the computer. So, it is recommended to backup all the important data to any external drive and proceed with that. Also, take the backup of the license keys to install and activate the applications if you have purchased any.
In this article you will get a step by step procedure for Windows 7 installation with screenshots.
If you are installing it using a DVD, insert it into the drive, make DVD as a primary boot device in the BIOS and restart the computer.
- Load in your Windows 7 DVD and boot it. It will now load the setup files.
2. Select your language, time & currency format, keyboard or input method and click Next.
3. Click Install now.
4. Check I accept the license terms and click Next.
5. Click Upgrade if you already have a previous Windows version or Custom (advanced) if you don’t have a previous Windows version or want to install a fresh copy of Windows 7.
(Skip this step if you chose Upgrade and have only one partition) Select the drive where you want to install Windows 7 and click Next. If you want to make any partitions, click Drive options (advanced), make the partitions and then click Next.
6. It will now start installing Windows 7. The first step, (i.e. Copying Windows files) was already done when you booted the Windows 7 DVD so it will complete instantly.
7. After completing the first step, it will expand (decompress) the files that it had copied.
8. The third and fourth step will also complete instantly like the first step.
9. After that it will automatically restart after 15 seconds and continue the setup. You can also click Restart now to restart without any delays.
10. After restarting for the first time, it will continue the setup. This is the last step so it will take the most time than the previous steps.
11. It will now automatically restart again and continue the setup. You can click Restart now to restart without any delays.
12. Type your desired user name in the text-box and click Next. It will automatically fill up the computer name.
13. If you want to set a password, type it in the text-boxes and click Next.
14. Type your product key in the text-box and click Next. You can also skip this step and simply click Next if you want to type the product key later. Windows will run only for 30 days if you do that.
15. Select your desired option for Windows Updates.
16. Select your time and click Next.
17. If you are connected to any network, it will ask you to set the network’s location.
18. Once the installation is completed, you can see a desktop like below.