Printer not working after Windows 10 upgrade
Printer not working after Windows 10 upgrade. In this article, I will take an example of HP printer. After upgrading to Windows 10, printer may not be able to communicate with the computer or may not work properly as expected. When you try to print it may show that printer has not been installed or drivers are not available.
Follow the below resolution steps in order to fix the issue with the HP printer not working after Windows 10 upgrade.
Follow the below troubleshooting steps one by one. Check if the issues are fixed after each and every resolution steps. If not, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 1: Make sure that all the updates are installed
- While upgrading the Operating System to Windows 10, some updates are also included in the upgrade part. In case, if the updates are not installed, the printer may not work. So, try to install all the Windows Updates and make sure that computer is up to date.
- To install Windows Updates, press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings window. There you will find the option Update & Security. Click on that.
3. Once you click on that, you will get the below screen and click on Check for updates.
4. It will take some time to check for the Windows Updates. If any detected, install all of them, reboot the computer and try to print.
If the Updates fails:
Windows Updates may report an error with the printer name. An example is shown in the below image.
If you get such an error during the Windows Updates installation, need to remove the unknown driver from the Device Manager.
To do that, go to Device Manager, click on Printers, you may see Unknown Device, right click on it and uninstall to remove it.
5. Reboot the computer and check if the printer is working fine. If not proceed with the next step.
Step 2: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool that is provided by the HP support that will download all the updated drivers of the HP products and also notify the issues with the HP products.
You can download the HP Print and Scan Doctor by clicking on the below image:
Once it is installed in the computer, Run it. It will automatically detect the drivers for the particular HP product and install it. After that try to print a page. Still if the issue is not fixed, proceed with the next further troubleshooting steps.Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
Step 3: Reinstall HP printer driver
Before proceeding with the re installation, you can also check if the printer is set to default or not. If not make the printer to default and check if it is working fine. If not, proceed with the re installation.
- Disconnect the printer cable from the computer.
- Go to the list of installed programs by typing appwiz.cpl in the Run Window and remove all the application related to HP printer.
- Reboot the computer.
You will get a driver installation disc when you purchase the printer. You can use it for the re installation. But, to get the updated driver for the printer, it is recommended to visit the printer manufacturer website and download the drivers from the same.
- Before the installation, do not connect the printer to the computer.
- Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter the exact model number of the printer and search for the drivers, download it and install the driver.
- During the installation of the driver, computer may prompt to connect the printer to the computer, follow it and finish the installation.
- Reboot the computer and see if the printer is working fine.