USB printer installation
USB printer installation. You can install the printer software and drivers using the CD that comes with the printer or you can download it from the Manufacturer Website.
Steps for the USB printer installation is as follows:
- You can install the printer software and drivers using the CD that comes with the printer or you can download it from the Manufacturer Website.
- Close all open software applications.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if it is already connected). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Insert the printer software CD that comes with your printer or download it from the Manufacturer Website.
- Double-click the CD or download software icon.
- Double-click the Install icon.
- After you run the CD, it will show an installation is starting window.
8. Click on the Connect a new printer link in the next window that appears.
9. It’ll show both USB and Wireless connection options. I decided to go with the USB cable option for now.
10. This is the point where the software asks you to physically connect the printer to computer using a USB cable.
11. Finally, the connection is successful message comes up
12. You might want to set up the Fax too. If you are not using it, you can skip to install it.
13. Finally, you may set it as your default printer and click Finish.
14. The printer should show up in your Devices and Printers window that you can access from Start Menu.
15. The following screen shows the various options that the HP All-in-one printer presents when its icon under Printers and Faxes section is double-clicked. This refers the USB printer installation.
Converting USB printer to Wireless:
16. Run the setup software from the disc that comes with the printer. You should find an option to set it up wirelessly. If you already have it set up in the USB mode then you will get an option to convert the USB connected printer to wireless as you see in the screenshot below. Click on it.
17. It will ask you to connect the USB cable from printer to computer if you have the printer disconnected. Do it.
18. Now in this step, it will start going through the wireless setup process automatically.
19. It will continue with the network printer installation.
20. Once it goes through the process, it should show a success window indicating that printer is connected to the wireless network.
21. Now, you can disconnect the USB cable.
22. All set up and ready to use. Click Finish and start using your printer wirelessly over the network.
Note: It is a easy setup process. You just need to select Wireless setup initially and follow the on-screen instructions. It will be very easy.